Sunday, March 21

biyan//sense//09/10



Photobucket

Biyan is an Indonesian fashion designer I've never heard of before, but i'm really lovin his 'sense' line. Its main inspiration is the pasar or the traditional market (he even name dropped the traditional Sukawati market which isn't very far from where i live) and, well, they all look like stands in a market. These are simple silhouette that reminds me of the clothes women wore in old pictures, but now with fancy modern tailoring and nice pop-ish prints that reminds you of batik in a weird way. The colors are also very fruitful, the beads and jewels reminds me of old ladies parading with their jewelries and the make up reminds me so much of Kartini and women in her era. Some of these even reminds me of miu miu, marc jacobs and marni, especially. Such a shame these pictures are bad though.

(kartini)



pictures taken from this place. + biyan's website (very pretty though not picts :()


No comments: